Johnson County Warrants and Arrest Records Search

Wyoming Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Wyoming criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

For launching an arrest warrant search in Johnson County, WY, you can connect with the police or one of the judicial agencies that participate in the process used for the issue of active warrants. Although detentions are effected by the cops under the provisions of all outstanding warrants including bench orders from arrests, the judiciary is also kept in the loop about an accused being taken into custody.

This is done through the return of the arrest warrant upon execution. As soon as the accused is apprehended, the office of the sheriff will send the original detention order back to its source- that is the court of the magistrate. The office of the county clerk which is in charge of keeping the court dockets will also be informed of the arrests.

Hence, when an order of this nature is not returned, it is automatically assumed that it is yet to be served and information on it is held under Johnson County outstanding warrants. So, information on local arrest records and active warrants can be found with the following offices:

  • Law enforcement: 639 Fort St, Buffalo, Wyoming 82834
  • Judiciary: 76 N Main St, Buffalo, WY 82834
  • County clerk: As above

You can also launch an inquiry into the issue of Johnson County arrest warrants with a private agency. These third party establishments work online and they often keep details on arrests and warrants from all over the country. You will have to incur a charge for using their services but since the fee is not based on the number of searches conducted, your end costs will be paltry. To avail the services of one such firm, fill the form above.

How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Johnson County over the phone? (Updated-2021)      

  • To find out about recent arrests, contact the Johnson County Detention at 307-684-5584.
  • To find information about arrest warrants, call the Circuit Court at 307-684-5720.
  • To seek arrest records and other law enforcement records, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 307-684-5581.
  • To request victim’s assistance, contact the Johnson County Prosecutor’s Office at 307-684-5528.
  • To get information on obtaining access to criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at 307-684-7271.

Crime statistics of Johnson County

The annual crime average of Johnson County decreased by 42% in 2019, standing at 26 incidents. The violent crime rate was in the vicinity of 4 cases. Of the crimes reported in 2019, 1 was a case of rape and 3 were aggravated assaults. Of the complaints filed against property crimes, 13 were against larceny-theft while burglaries accounted for 5 complaints.

Older crime statistics


Over the last couple of years, the sheriff’s office of Johnson County, Wyoming has registered approximately 170 cases per annum. Of the criminal complaints filed, about 12% have been against violent acts such as rape and murder while the remaining 88% were attributed to property crimes.