It is not necessary that you must take your arrest warrant search in Sheridan County, WY to the local sheriff’s office or even the judiciary to that matter. Because these are state establishments and they work on the issue of active warrants and other legal instruments used in criminal cases, they are bound to have information on all crime related issued, be they generic or specific.
However, private establishments too can help you to launch an inquiry into Sheridan County outstanding warrants and arrest records. In fact, this can be done far too easily through a third party site than a state entity. Yet, like all other things, there are pros and cons to both options.
Let us take the instance of going to a government department. Notice the use of the word “go”; yes, the only way to connect with a state office is to either write to them or show up at their doors in person. In other words, there is no scope for a discreet inquiry on arrests and warrants through these agencies.
In contrast, when you get in touch with a private establishment, you are conducting your searches for arrest warrants from Sheridan County online. That is not all; you will also be given details on outstanding warrants and detentions from all over the country as opposed to following the “WY only”rule that state departments seem to follow.To connect with a private information vendor, use the form above and for state departments, the addresses below:
- The police: 54 W l3th St, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801
- The county clerk: 224 South Main Street, Suite B-2, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801-4855
- The court of the magistrate: 224 S Main St, Sheridan, WY 82801
How do you contact County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- You can call the Sheridan County Jail for information on recent arrests- 307-672-5623
- You can contact the Sheriff’s Office with general question about law and order- 307-672-2413.
- You can approach the law enforcement office for an arrest report or incident records-307-672-3455.
- You can contact the Circuit Court to obtain information on arrest warrants – 307-674-2940.
- You can call the Sheridan County Attorney’s Office for victim’s assistance-307-674-2580.
- You can contact the Clerk of Court (District) for judicial records and a case search- 307-674-2960.
Crime statistics of Sheridan County
The Sheriff’s Office of Sheridan County handled approximately 50 criminal matters in 2019. Of the total number of complaints filed, around 47 were against property crimes while 3 were against violent crimes.
With 31 cases, larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate of all property crimes. Burglary brought in around 7 complaints. Aggravated assault was the only offense reported in the violent crime category.
Older crime statistics
In Sheridan County, every year,residents bring forth complaints pertaining to 600 criminal occurrences of which about 26 cases are filed against violent acts of crime. In the recent past, there has been a growth of almost 45% in violent crimes and a rise of nearly 30% in reported criminal activity.